If you are the proud owner of your first piece of real estate, it is a nice feeling to be a land owner and you should do what you can to protect your investment. The modern house is a complex structure, with a network of water pipes, electricity cables and waste pipes and it does require regular maintenance to keep a building in good shape.
Here are a few tips to help you familiarise yourself with property management.
- Roof inspections – The roof is the most important component of all, as it protects the building from the harsh elements and a leaking roof can cause serious damage, if it is not noticed. The answer is to ask your local roofing contractor to inspect the roof every few months; an inexpensive way to be sure about the integrity of your roof.
- Think insulation – Check out the low roof insulation price (known as ราคาฉนวนกันความร้อนหลังคา in Thai ) from a leading online supplier and you will certainly want to add some roof insulation, which stops the cool air leaving the interior. Those high electricity bills will be a thing of the past when you insulate your home as best you can and your a/c units will be very happy to have a well-earned rest. The walls can also be insulated, as can the windows with some UV tint and this all adds up to a big energy saving.
- Think protection – From the roof to the walls, there are state-of-the-art coatings with high insulation properties. You can seal your roof with a silicone-based material that stretches, adding years to the life of the roof, plus you could render the exterior walls and even seal your driveway and terrace!
- Prompt repairs – When you notice peeling paint on your decking or water running from a leaking gutter, don’t delay in carrying out repairs. The longer you leave it, the more extensive will be the repair work and regular walk-around inspections are advised, making a note of any minor issues and calling in a local builder.
- DIY – You can save a lot of money by carrying out home maintenance yourself; invest in a basic tool kit and you can watch ‘how to’ YouTube videos to give you much-needed tuition. Spend a Sunday morning fixing minor problems around the home and that will help you keep on top of property maintenance.
Your home is likely the biggest single investment you will ever make and by inspecting the house on a regular basis, you can carry out prompt repairs.